Monday, February 21, 2011

Lesson Three

Let me tell y'all a little story. Last semester I took a Design Color class, dealing with color in graphic design (in case you couldn't get that from the course title). I was doing fairly well, then came a project where we had to use paints. And paints are far more expensive than they have any right to be. And I was broke. But instead of asking my parents for money, or talking to my professor about my financial troubles, I just didn't do the project. This set me back pretty far and took a good toll on my grade.
On another note, I can't tell you how many times I walked in to my design courses or my drawing course missing some material or tool I needed, be it an exacto-knife, mounting board, pens, a certain of paper, or what. And every time I did this, it made life just a little more difficult. Sometimes I could borrow the materials I needed from classmates, but a lot of the time it ended up being a day wasted.

So today's lesson is this: Know what you need to have to get by, and make sure you have it. If you have all the correct materials, then it will make all the difference. It's a lot easier to get your ideas out of your head and onto the paper if you have all the materials necessary.


Now go forth and create! And tune in tomorrow (or the day after depending on how lazy I feel tomorrow) for a special sneak peek into the life of...ME! I'll post some drawings and photos I've done over the last year for y'all to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment